La Dermatite Atopique à Madagascar (Atopic Dermatitis in Madagascar) [Video on Demand] : LINK
Introduction Ano-genital lichen sclerosus is an autoimmune pathology, preferentially affecting prepubertal girls and postmenopausal women. It is a pathology of chronic evolution, having a considerable impact on the quality of life and being able to obstruct in the daily life. The etiological factors that may be involved in this pathology are still poorly elucidated. Our objective is to put a state of the art of this pathology in our country.
Methodology This is a retrospective study over a period of 28 months from January 2019 to March 2022 conducted at CHUJR Befelatanana.
Results We found 16 exclusively female patients with this disease, giving a prevalence of 0.4% of outpatient visits during this period. There were 13 pediatric cases with an average age of 4.8 years and 3 adults. The average duration of the disease before the consultation was 10 months. In their history, 7 parents reported frequent use of wipes for the pediatric cases. Seventy-five percent complained of pruritus. Three complained of dysuria and 2 complained of difficulty in defecation. And these patients had achromic or hypochromic lesions accompanied by atrophy in the ano-vulvar region. The treatment initiated in these patients was very strong dermocorticoids.
Conclusion Lichen sclerosus is a chronic pathology with a significant functional impact, especially when it occurs in childhood, but there are still too few studies on this subject in Africa, and even fewer in our country. A more thorough study would be necessary.
CV of Presenter (in French)
-Diplômé de la Faculté de Médecine d’Antananarivo
-Interne de l’Internat Qualifiant en Dermatologie -Vénéréologie
-Membre de la Société Malgache de Dermatologie (SOMADER)
-Co-auteur de 3 articles scientifiques
Presentation and description by Dr. Leophone Samson RAMILY MD (Madagascar) [French; World Skin Health Day 2022 -Madagascar] (To find the presentation simply use the filter buttons from the event homescreen)
- Cliquer sur l’image du congrès (WSHD) qui apparaît sur la page d’accueil ou sur l’icône “Webinars”.
- Compléter le formulaire d’informations (gratuit, seuls les champs marqués d’un * sont nécessaires).
- Se Loguer et cliquer sur “subscribe” au “World Skin Health Day WSHD 2022.”
- Vous pouvez ensuite visualiser le programme, la liste d’orateurs ainsi que les présentations* en cliquant sur “view”.
- Click on the congress image from the homescreen or on the “Webinars” icon.
- Enter registration information. (free of charge, only the ones with * are required)
- Login and then click to subscribe to “World Skin Health Day WSHD 2022.”
- Then you can view the programme, full profile and presentations* of the speakers by clicking on “view”.